30 December 2013

My Beauty Favourites of 2013!

Hello there m'lovelies!
I hope you've had a fantastic Christmas!
I'm really sorry I haven't blogged for around a few billion years.
School sucked my life away and replace it with work and revision and assessments and exams and oh my am I so glad I'm back!
Today I wanted to sum up my beauty favourites of 2013!
I can't believe this year is nearly already over. What's happened? Maybe it's going quickly because I'm getting older? I have no idea! But I hope you all have a fantastic new year!
Now... Enough rambling and into what I had in min for this post... My beauty favourites of 2013.


Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Blonde and Mac Matte Powder Blush in Melba...


These two MAC products weren't in the big main picture because quite honestly I couldn't fit them in but I have enjoyed them so much this year I thought I would give them a special picture on their own.
Firstly, the MAC MSF in Blonde is a limited edition product but you may be able to get it in a relaunch as MAC do that a lot. This product has been used so much this year! It gives a lovely radiant glow to the cheeks. I use the lightest colour as a highlight, it gives a lovely natural glow because it's not white, it's a pale pink.  You can use the highlight very lightly with a big fluffy brush or define it more with a smaller denser brush, I use Real Techniques Contour Brush. I use all the colours mixed together or the individual last ones as a blush, but not on the apple of the cheeks because it looks waaaaay to shiny for my liking!
The MAC Matte Powder Blush in Melba is my all time favourite blush! It's so soft and blendable and if you use it with the right brush you can get a light flush of colour or build up the colour to your desired intensity. It gives a lovely natural but of colour to the cheeks and because it is a peachy colour it gives your skin that bronzed kind of colour.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo on 05- Eternal Gold...


I absolutely love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos. Simple. I just cant get enough of them. You can use them as a base or on its own. You can use it with a brush or fingers. They are just so versatile and easy to use. They can be used for so many things. I use this gold colour all the time, I sometimes like to use it with my Naked Palette. I have a few other colours of the Colour Tattoos, I use them all the time.

MUA 3 in 1 eXtreme Contour Liner...


This is my favourite high street eyeliner. It is so black, if you get me. It can be smudged into your outer v to create a smokey look, it can be used on your water/tight line and you can also use it to create a winged look. All of this can be done because of the shape of the liner, as you can see above. The shape allows you to create a thin or thick line.


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 720- Notting Hill Nude and Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter...

Firstly, the Rimmel Lipstick is probably my most used when I bought it. It is a nice nude colour that doesn't wash your face colour out. I wear this colour to school as it is a nice and natural colour. I love the finish, it has a nice satin finish with a soft texture. It's really nice. I also love the packaging! Such a nice colour! 
The Burt's Bees little lip balm you see on the right is just delightful. It is so nourishing and gives my lips a lovely natural, healthy shine. It also has mango butter in it so it smells and tastes great! I would definitely recommend this to anyone with dry lips that needs an intense moisture boost. It's also great to but on to keep your lips looking great and healthy.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain...

This foundation is probably the best foundation I have found so far. I have tried high street and high end brands. The foundation has a fantastic colour range which means I found a foundation light enough! It has a great, light weight consistency. It has a kind of dewy finish I suppose you could say and it just gives the skin a lovely glow. I would say the coverage is quite buildable. I like to apply it with a buffing brush or stippling brush depending on the coverage I want. I do have to powder this foundation on my t-zone as it is quite oily. The foundation has and SPF of 18 which is great! Although I do use an SPF moisturiser because I have a skin condition that is sensitive to light. This foundation is great and I have nearly finished it... This will probably be the only palette that I repurchase.

This nail polish is one of the few polishes I have that go on so nicely and dries really quickly! The polish lasts forever! The colour is a really nice neutral colour that I wear when I don't know what colour nail polish colour to wear. The brush is fantastic it's angled so you can touch up the polish if it's chipped. I really like this nail polish and I own it in different colours and I just love the formula.

Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream...


This night cream has really helped my skin improve it's appearance. It's a lot brighter and more radiant. As my skin is really dry and can be eczema prone I really need something very moisturising, this totally does it for me! It's so good. It really has started to help the dryness of my skin. I have actually repurchased this product because I like it so much!



I use this palette for everything. I used it for prom, which was ages ago, and special events and everyday looks and just everything. I just, wow, it's my favourite neutral palette of all times. My favourite colour is probably Smog, I don't know why but I love it. The shadows are so soft and so pigmented and they can just make so many different looks. It was totally worth the money. This palette is probably my favourite out of all the Naked Palettes and it suits me the most.
So finally! There it is! My beauty favourites of this year!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Leave a comment and tell me what beauty products you have enjoyed this year and what blog posts you would like to see!
Thank you for reading and I hope you're having a good day!
Laura xo

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The bourjois nail varnishes are so lovely! I finally got round to posting about the liebster award you nominated me for a couple of months ago as I've been away.

      Livvy xo
      http://skinnyjeansandbigbrows.blogspot.com

      Delete